We turned Chicken Florentine into our new favorite pasta dinner.
1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook penne according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Season both sides of chicken with salt, pepper and oregano and cook until golden and no longer pink in the middle, 8 minutes per side. Transfer chicken a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing into strips.
3. Make sauce: Add the white wine to deglaze the pan. When the wine is simmering, use a wooden spoon to scrape all the golden chicken bits from the pan. (They have a lot of flavor that you’ll want in your sauce!)
4. Add tomatoes and garlic and cook until the tomatoes soften slightly, about 2 minutes. Add cream and bring mixture back to a simmer. Add mozzarella and Parmesan and stir until the cheese melts. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
5. Turn off heat and add in the cooked penne, baby spinach, parsley and red pepper flakes (if using). Toss until the pasta is evenly coated in sauce and the spinach has wilted slightly. Serve immediately.
12 oz. penne
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/3 c. white wine
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 c. chopped tomato
1 c. heavy cream
1 c. shredded mozzarella
1/2 c. finely grated parmesan (plus more for serving)
1 1/2 c. baby spinach
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
SUBSCRIBE to delish: http://bit.ly/SUBSCRIBEtoDELISH
FOLLOW for more #DELISH!